LUNCHMATE ART OF LUNCH PROMOTION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is necessary for an eligible person (see definition in Rule 4 below) to have a minimum of 10 Lunchmate virtual “Bucks” (“Bucks”) and be a registered Member (a “Member”) of Lunchmate Club (the “Club”), in order to be able to redeem the offer. Keep your original Code by cutting out the Bucks from your original Qualifying Product Package (see Rule 5 below), with Code on it, as you may need it to complete the offer verification and redemption process. See Rule 5 to obtain Bucks without purchase.
OFFER PERIOD, GENERAL INFORMATION AND DEFINITIONS
1. The Offer begins at 12:00:00 a.m., Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”), on Monday, August 27, 2012 EDT, until supplies last OR 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 (the “Offer Period”), whichever comes first.
2. In these Official Terms & Conditions a) the term “MLF” means Maple Leaf Foods Inc., the sponsor of the Campaign, and includes, where the context permits or requires, any representative or representatives of MLF; b) the potential Member redeeming the offer is called the “Member” and, when that eligible person is verified to redeem their offer, is called the “Redeemer”; c) the term “Offer” means an offer, in general, which is available to be redeemed during the program d) the term “Entry” means an electronic entry which is recorded by MLF on behalf of an eligible person who redeems the offer in accordance with the provisions of Rule 6 below; and e) the term “the Website” means www.lunchmateclub.ca
3. There are a total of fifty thousand (50,000) Crayola® 12-Pack Coloured Pencils to be redeemed. While supplies last.
No Purchase Is Necessary to Redeem a Crayola® 12-Pack Coloured Pencils Product, approximate retail value of $4.19.
4. The Offer is open to all residents of Canada over the age of 13 or 13 and under with parental consent (excluding the Province of Quebec)
HOW TO GET LUNCHMATE BUCKS TO REDEEM THE OFFER
5. Bucks are found on specially marked packages (each a “Qualifying Product Package”) of Schneiders Lunchmate® (Kits, Grab ‘N Snack, Stackers, Combo, + Fruit) products, while supplies last. A 16-character code (a “Code”) is printed inside each Qualifying Product Package. A maximum of 2.7 million codes will be printed. Each Code in a Qualifying Product Package is unique and is worth five (5) Lunchmate Bucks. Ten (10) Lunchmate bucks will be deducted to redeem the Crayola® 12-Pack Coloured Pencils. To redeem, go to www.lunchmateclub.ca to enter at least 2 valid PIN codes into the “My Accounts” section during a single browser session and follow the on screen instructions. Existing Lunchmate Bucks in user's Lunchmate Club accounts will NOT be used to redeem the offer.
An eligible person can obtain a Code in one of two ways.
(i) Visit a participating retailer and purchase a Qualifying Product Package; or
(ii) mail an envelope (an “outer envelope” - see detailed requirements below in this paragraph) which bears a return address on its exterior, has on it sufficient postage, contains a handwritten request for a Code (a “Mail-in Code Request” - see detailed requirements below in this paragraph) and contains a minimum 4” x 6” self-addressed envelope bearing sufficient return postage to: “Lunchmate Art of Lunch Promotion”, (P.O Box 55021 Montréal, Quebec, H3G 2W5), to receive two (2) Codes each worth five (5) Lunchmate Bucks. Note: Each outer envelope must contain only one (1) Mail-in Code Request, must be original, must be legibly printed entirely in ink by hand, must bear a return address on its exterior, must bear sufficient postage, must be post marked no later than October 31, 2012, and must contain a self-addressed envelope which is original, is legibly printed entirely in ink by hand, bears sufficient return postage and on which the mailing address is the same as the return address on the outer envelope in which it is enclosed. A Mail-in Code Request must request a Code, must be original, must be legibly printed entirely in ink by hand and must set out the full name, residential street address, daytime and night time phone numbers, email address, date of birth, and gender of the eligible person who is sending the Mail-in Code Request. Provided a Mail-in Code Request complies with the requirements of these Official Rules, MLF will mail two PIN codes each worth five (5) Virtual Lunchmate Bucks from a Qualifying Product Package (with Code on it), while supplies last, using the self-addressed envelope which was enclosed with the applicable Mail-in Code Request. Only one (1) Mail-in Code Request will be honoured per eligible person throughout the Promotional Offer Period.
HOW TO REDEEM THE OFFER
Important Limitations on Code Use and Retention of original Codes from Packages: A Code can only be used once during the Program (see Terms and Conditions at the Website for details). A maximum of one (1) redemption per account during the program is allowed. A submission of ten (10) Lunchmate Bucks is required during the Period to redeem the Crayola® 12-Pack Coloured Pencils on behalf of the eligible person to whom the Bucks belong. Cut out each Code from the Qualifying Product Package and keep it in a safe place, as you may need it to complete the Offer verification and redemption process.
To participate, go to www.lunchmatelub.ca, enter at least 2 valid PIN codes into the “My Accounts” section during a single browser session and follow the registration process (which requires you to register as a Lunchmate Club Member).You must be registered as a Lunchmate Club Member (“LMCM”) in order to redeem the Offer. If you are a Lunchmate Club Member you or your parent/legal guardian has already agreed that you may redeem on the Lunchmate Club website. Each redeemer at the age of thirteen (13) or under must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit participant's personal information in order to redeem the product. If you are not already a LMCM, an email will be sent to your parent/legal guardian asking for parental consent. The parent and/or legal guardian must accept the Terms and Conditions of the Lunchmate Club. If MLF discovers that such a person did not obtain his/her parent's or legal guardian's actual consent as just described, then any and all Bucks in his/her account assigned will be forfeited and void.
6. Subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, if you are an eligible person and have a Code, you must visit the Website to redeem the offer as follows:
a) Visit the Website and enter at least 2 valid PIN codes into the “My Accounts” section in a single browser session.
b) To Redeem The Offer: if you are already a Member enter your user name and password and click on the “Log In” button. Enter 2 valid PIN codes in the “My Accounts” section during a single browser session and enter the Security Code. A message will appear confirming that you have added 5 Bucks for each valid PIN code entry made to your Lunchmate Club account. You must redeem your Crayola® Coloured Pencils immediately after entering your 2 valid PIN codes. To do so, you must review the Terms and Conditions and then confirm that you have read them, by clicking on the box next to “I Agree to the Terms and Conditions for the Art of Lunch promotion”. Once the box has been checked off, the “Click here to get Free Crayola Coloured Pencils” link will be highlighted. Click on this link in order to be taken to the product checkout process.
If you do not accept and agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions, you cannot proceed further in the Offer portion of the Website. If you do accept and agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the box, you will be able to proceed to the product checkout flow where you must confirm that you wish to submit ten (10) Lunchmate Bucks to be redeemed by clicking on the “Buy Now” button. You then will be taken to another page to review your order and re-confirm that you wish to submit ten (10) Lunchmate Bucks to redeem the Offer, where you must click on the “Submit Order” button to complete the offer. You will then receive an on-screen message confirming that “Your Order Has Been Submitted”. Within this screen, you also have the option to view your order.
c) If you are not already a Member: click on the box that says ‘Register’ and follow the instructions to become a Member. Once you have become a Member, follow the instructions in Rule 6 b) above on how to redeem the Offer.
Note: By participating in the Offer, a Redeemer (or his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MLF, its representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, franchisees, parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, local corporate advertising cooperatives, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and injury and property loss or damage, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Offer, or arising out of participation in any Lunchmate Club activity, or due or related to the receipt, use or misuse of the whole or any part of the applicable Offer. The Redeemer waives the right to any claim respecting liability and publicity which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem the Offer. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, OFFER IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ON THE PART OF MLF, AND MLF HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. MLF also has the right, but not the obligation, to require any potential Redeemer, at the Redeemer's sole expense, to deliver to MLF, on demand, the original Bucks bearing the Code that was used in connection with his/her redemption in order to permit MLF to verify that, in fact, possesses that Lunchmate Bucks and does so on a lawful basis. If a Redeemer fails to provide MLF with his/her original Bucks and Code as just described, then MLF may disqualify the redemption of offer, in which case the Redeemer will have no claim against MLF or any other person in respect of the Offer.
8. MLF is not obliged to engage in any individual contact, or correspondence, with any person, except with a Redeemer as the case may be, of the Offer.
9. All decisions of MLF concerning any matter involved in the Offer are final and binding on all eligible persons, and all such persons agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of MLF. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions, the decision or interpretation of MLF in that regard shall be final and binding upon all persons who redeem the offer.
10. All Redemptions recorded for any person become the sole property of MLF, and are subject to verification by MLF. Allow approximately 8-10 weeks following receipt by MLF for verification and delivery of the Crayola® Product. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the person who submitted the redemption, which in the opinion of MLF cannot be determined based on the content of the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized account holder of the e-mail account through which the redemption was made. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. Any action which, in the sole opinion of MLF, represents an attempt a) to tamper with the Redemption process, b) to interfere with the Offer, or with the enforcement or functioning of these Terms and Conditions, c) to damage the Website or d) to undermine or corrupt the fair and proper administration, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and MLF reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from any and all persons responsible for any such actions or attempts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying persons from any future offers and contests.
13. SPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the offer, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of Sponsor, if Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the redemption process or to be acting in violation of the Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Sponsor, Sponsor's agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE OFFER IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. MLF assumes no responsibility for any Redemptions which are, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, not correctly entered or recorded or which is not completely entered or recorded or which is misdirected for any reason whatsoever; or for the failure to enter, or for the incorrect entry of Codes, whether or not due to the fault of MLF or of any other person or thing; and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, MLF assumes no responsibility if the Website is compromised by virus, bugs, unauthorized human or unauthorized non-human intervention, browser or network server malfunction, incompatibility, misconnection or miscommunication, failed or lost computer transmissions, or for the failure, interruption or delay, for any reason whatever, of any mail, courier delivery or email, online or Internet entry, or other communication to be received, delivered or sent in connection with the Offer; or for any problem or problems with the functioning of the Website or any Website or of any Website feature howsoever caused; or for any malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems or servers or access providers; or for any computer functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; or for any traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof; or for the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or, for any breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”, or other similar technical problems or malfunctions, whether or not beyond the reasonable control of MLF, (collectively, “ technical problems”), or for any Internet charges or costs incurred by any person.
15. Subject to obtaining any requisite governmental consent or approval, MLF reserves the right in its sole discretion and without prior notice to cancel, modify, amend, suspend, reinstate or terminate this Offer with no obligation or liability in its sole discretion, in the event a virus, bug, technical problem or any other cause, whether or not such is beyond the reasonable control of MLF, in the sole opinion of MLF adversely affects the security or proper administration of the Offer, or if, in the sole opinion of MLF, any other cause whether or not such is beyond the reasonable control of MLF, or any of the technical problems, prevents the fair or proper administration of the Offer, including without limitation due to computer virus, bugs, unauthorized tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes. MLF shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Offer including without limitation any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of participation or related to or resulting from any material related to this program, or any other matter, occurrence, act or omission arising in respect of the Offer.
16. MLF and its agents are not responsible for printing, distribution, production, computer or other errors in or related in any way to the Program. Subject to any required governmental approval, MLF reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate the whole or any part of the Program at any time, for any reason whatsoever, without liability or notice.
17. The Offer is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, Provincial and municipal laws and regulations.